Events and webinars
Live online virtual events and property webinars
How many of us would love to own a property abroad, or move abroad, but don’t know where to start, or who to turn to for help? After all, overseas property isn’t cheap and nobody wants to risk getting it wrong.
That’s where Your Overseas Home’s live virtual events and online webinars can be so helpful. They won’t just introduce you to trusted services and experts, they’re also your chance to join other buyers in getting your vital questions answered. All from the comfort of your home, either as they happen or on demand. Your Overseas Home events and webinars are free to attend; just register here.
We cover a range of topics at our events and webinars. Check out some of the topics we’ve covered recently at our On Demand page, and see what’s coming up. See you there!
Attending a live event is easy and simple and gives you instant access to estate agents, developers, solicitors, visa specialists, healthcare insurance providers, financial and tax advisors and many other experts you might need to help with your property purchase or move overseas. You can register below for the upcoming events or webinars.
Search for the upcoming webinars and events by topic or keyword or by date. Registering is easy and free!
Watch our videos to get a taste of what to expect from one of our webinars.
Video Credits: Webinar shown was “How to make the most out of your Viewing Trip in France” hosted by Jana Korpova-Harris in April 2022, with guest speaker from Beaux Villages Immobillier – Chris Summers.
Upcoming Events & Webinars
- France property
- French property portal
- Golden Three
- On demand property tips
- Property webinar
- Spain property
- Viewing trip
Everything you need to know about the overseas buying process.
Your first viewing trip
How to stay in control and make the most of your trip. Know what to ask an agent.
Currency and payments are vital to budgeting and a safe purchase.
Visa and residency
See how you can move to an EU country as a non-EU citizen in our masterclasses.
Stamp duty, property taxes, inheritance and more, all explained by our experts.
The legal process
Explaining the contractual stages of buying a property in your chosen country.
Practical webinars covering such processes as mortgage, residency, healthcare…
Pensions, tax, currency and more, for homebuyers and retirees abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics are covered at the events?
- The property buying process in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Cyprus or Greece.
- Viewing trip preparation and planning
- Budgeting in foreign currency, or making an international payment for a property purchase
- Legalities – making an offer, contracts, process and stamp duty
- Financing your overseas home purchase – using mortgage, pensions, savings or equity release
- Visa and residency topics for non-EU property buyers
- Taxes, financial implications, pension implications of living in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Cyprus or Greece
We cover a range of topics with many experts and often host a panel of expert as part of our webinars. You can read more about benefits of attending our webinars on our Inspiration Blog.
How can I attend live events or webinars?
Attending one of our live events is easy:
1. Register to attend an event
2. Prior to the event you will receive all information on how to log in to the platform on a day of the event
3. On a day of the event all you need to do is click a link in your email and input your email address (the one you used to register for virtual event)
How can I attend a webinar?
Attending our webinars is easy and outlined in the steps below
1. Register your interest in attending a webinar
2. Prior to the webinar you will receive all information on how to access the webinar via email
3. On a day, you will receive email with 1 hour to go reminder as well as 5 minutes to go reminder, in each of these emails there will be a link to access a webinar live
4. If you miss the webinar you can watch it free-of-charge in our On Demand Access
What is a Virtual Event?
Virtual Event is just like a property exhibition that you might have attended in the past in person. The difference is that virtual event takes place online, from the comfort of your home.
Our Exhibitors also have their stands with all their information, brochures available for you to access, but they are virtual. This allows them to also communicate with you via Chat or Messenger style as if you would at an exhibition in person.
As this is a virtual setting, you can come and go as you wish and suits your schedule and you can download documents or watch videos from your computer, tablet or phone.
At all our virtual events we also host over 30 seminar sessions with guest speakers, experts. During these sessions you can ask your burning questions anonymously and form the comfort of your home or on the go.
Do I have to register with an event sponsor?
While we encourage all of our property buyers to consider the help and overall savings they will experience when working with our sponsor Smart Currency Exchange, to access the event you do not need to register with our sponsor.
We suggest you do speak to Smart Currency Exchange to find out how they can help you with budgeting for a property purchase and services they tailored specifically for international property buyers.
What happens if I miss the event or webinar?
All our webinars are recorded and available to access via On Demand section of our website. You can view them in your own time.
If you miss our virtual event, the platform remains opened for 30 days after the event ended. It will not have all the features available as our experts are on their virtual stands only during the live event day. You will be able to download all their material, watch virtual videos and replay all seminar sessions on the platform.
Virtual Event access is only limited to those who registered to access the event prior to the event.